Hello Collective Wisdom:

I am having a problem with crumbs in my institution's rare book room. Our
Foundation regularly holds cocktail parties and dinners in the reception
room and I've noticed more food crumbs on the floor as of late. This
worries me a lot because our collection is right behind the reception room
glass and I don't want people to track crumbs into the collection on their
shoes. Does anyone else deal with this? If so, how do you make the area
stay clean? I work the reference desk most of the day so I can't always go
in and check that the room has been cleaned. I also have no power to forbid
food in the room. Any advice, strategies, or scary infestation articles I
could show would be much appreciated!

Best,

Maria Cunningham