Interested in helping the next wave of leaders in arts librarianship develop their skills? Volunteer as a mentor for the ARLIS/NA Yearlong Career Mentoring Program!

The theme for the Program this year will be Leadership.  We’re looking for mentors with experience in leadership roles (from project management to department management and everything in between).  You will cultivate a professional relationship with your mentee and share your experiences with librarians who are developing their leadership skills in a variety of ways.  The program has matched dozens of art library professionals in successful mentoring relationships and mentors and mentees have raved about how beneficial the program was for them.

“I would love to do it again! As a "seasoned" librarian, it's wonderful to be able to share what I've learned with the new generation of professionals. Technology changes, but work issues remain the same. -- Judy Donovan (mentor)”

We’re making some changes to the program this year to maximize the time that mentoring pairs have together during the workshop.  There will be some preliminary work starting in November for mentors and mentees to work on SMART goals together via email prior to the conference.  We will also be holding a conference call for mentors in November to discuss mentoring and program expectations and help you prepare as mentors before you start working with your mentees.

Please fill out the mentor application (available at: http://tinyurl.com/2017arlismentor) and a Mentoring Subcommittee member will be in touch with you.  The deadline to apply is October 5, 2016.

If you have additional questions about the Yearlong Career Mentoring Program, please contact Jennifer Friedman at [log in to unmask].

Thank you for considering mentorship!  Your skills and passion are valuable and you can help a colleague succeed in building their leadership experience!

We look forward to hearing from you about becoming a mentor!

Warm regards,

The ARLIS/NA Mentoring Subcommittee

Jennifer Friedman

Lynn Cunningham

Shira Loev Eller

Darin Murphy

Mackenzie Salisbury

Jennifer Friedman, Assistant Director for Research Services

USF Libraries, 4202 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL  33620

t: (813) 974-4369  e: [log in to unmask]