Colleagues,

Apologies if this has made the rounds already - I'm new to the list!
See below for the first CFP for a new peer-reviewed journal (one of the only ones of its kind) for comics scholarship, Inks. I'd also like to draw attention to the new Comics Studies Society<http://www.comicssociety.org/>, the first learned society and professional association for comics scholars, educators, librarians and fans.

Further, although it is not outlined explicitly on the Inks site yet, the journal will soon be soliciting submissions for the "From the Archive" section, which aims to highlight comics-related collections held by libraries/archives/museums world-over.

Cheers!

---

Call for Submissions—Inks: The Journal of the Comics Studies Society [NEW JOURNAL]

We are pleased to announce the official call for submissions for Inks the new journal of the Comics Studies Society. Each issue of Inks will seek to bring together scholarly essays, archival materials, and insights and discoveries from leading cartoon professionals. Special roundtables will be featured each year, on topics of importance to the members of the Society. In addition to scholarly essays, Inks will also include archival discoveries and contributions from comics professionals about insights and concerns central to the field.
This call for submissions invites scholarly essays on any aspect of sequential art, graphic narrative, and cartooning, including comic strips; comic books, papers, and magazines; graphic novels, albums, and other graphic books; webcomics and other electronic formats; single-panel cartoons, including editorial and gag cartoons; caricature; animation; and all other related forms and traditions. We hope to highlight scholarship from a wide range of academic disciplines, and we invite essays on all periods of comics history and on both US and international comics.
Submissions are evaluated using a blind peer review process. Inks uses a house style based on the 16th edition of The Chicago Manual of Style (endnotes). Manuscripts should be limited to roughly 7500 words and should be submitted as a Microsoft Word email attachment to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
For more information about Inks visit http://www.comicssociety.org/journal/