*Please excuse cross-posting*

Dear colleagues,

I am pleased to announce that the Menil Collection Library has begun converting born-digital exhibition ephemera from two of the city of Houston's premiere commercial galleries to stable .pdfs which we are cataloging and hosting.  Catalog records with links to these surrogates are being contributed to the OCLC Union Catalog and are available should you wish to derive them and add them to your catalog.

As of today we have contributed 45 records and exhibition catalogs from Texas Gallery (which can be seen on our iteration of the OCLC Discovery interface here: https://menilcollectionlib.on.worldcat.org/search?queryString=au%3DTexas%20Gallery%20AND%20x0:book%20%2B%20x4:digital&databaseList=638&sortKey=LIBRARY_PLUS_RELEVANCE&scope=&page=1)

And

15 records and exhibition catalogs from Hiram Butler Gallery (which can be seen here in OCLC Discovery: https://menilcollectionlib.on.worldcat.org/search?queryString=kw%3AHiram+Butler+Gallery+AND+x0%3Abook+%2B+x4%3Adigital&databaseList=638&scope=&origPageViewName=pages%2Fadvanced-search-page)

We will continue to add exhibition ephemera from both galleries as the galleries make them available to us, and Texas Gallery has begun making more of their past ephemera available to us which we will continue to catalog and host.  We will then include these records in our regular batch loads to OCLC.  Of course, all of these records and catalogs will be available immediately as soon as processed in our local system (https://menil.follettdestiny.com), and can be easily found by following the links "Menil Library Digital Content" --> "Houston Gallery Ephemera" from there.

We are very pleased to be working with Hiram Butler Gallery and Texas Gallery to become their library of record and are delighted to help insure that their important exhibition catalogs become part of the permanent scholarly record.  These galleries both represent artists of international stature and importance as well as important local Texas artists.

All Best,

Eric

Eric M. Wolf
Head Librarian