Dear Colleagues and friends,

I’ve sent Joan a personal email, but I wanted to take some time to thank her publicly for her kind words of support and glowing review.

The subtitle of the conference could have been called “intersections or overlaps” – the work done by single individual museums, foundations, presidential centers, historic homes and other similar institutions have commonalities that we wanted to bring to the surface.  I am grateful to the speakers – which included curators, archivists, art historians, an artist, and critics and writers - for their thoughtful presentations. In addition, attendees of a Wednesday morning pre-forum tour of Georgia O’Keeffe’s historic houses at Abiquiu and Ghost Ranch were able to enjoy lunch at the Abiquiu Inn and take part in a facilitated dialogue over lunch with discussion leaders in small groups at each lunch table.

Joan, thank you for attending the conference and for your thoughtful review as well.  You are correct that the conference was video recorded and will be archived in the Research Center.

Best to all,

Eumie

Eumie Imm Stroukoff

Emily Fisher Landau Director of the Research Center

Georgia O'Keeffe Museum

217 Johnson St., Santa Fe, NM  87501

tel:  505.946.1011, fax:  505.946.1093

www.okeeffemuseum.org

A Great American Artist, a Great American Story. Explore the remarkable career of Georgia O’Keeffe through her artwork, the objects and places that were meaningful to her, and the experiences that defined her life.

Vice President/President-Elect, ARLIS/NA

www.arlisna.org