Dear Attendees of ARLIS/Texas-Mexico Chapter fall meeting in Mexico City,

With the Mexico City meeting fast-approaching, this is a reminder to book your flight and hotel while you still have affordable options.

Recommended hotels in historic center near many itinerary venues and near bus pickup for more distant venues:

There are several ways you might travel from the Mexico City airport to your hotel, but I recommend an authorized airport taxi. It is safe, quick, and inexpensive (should be about 300 pesos, or roughly $15 US; the exchange rate is different than in the link). After collecting your luggage and going through customs, follow the simple steps outlined here:

http://www.pausethemoment.com/mexico-city-airport-taxi-advice/

Having traveled to Mexico City twice this summer (returning most recently this past Sunday), I am more than happy to share my flight, airport, ground transportation, hotel, dining, museum, and other experiences if you contact me individually. As a start, bring a collapsible umbrella (it is likely to rain at some point each day) and a washcloth (your hotel will not provide one). The water you drink should be bottled (your hotel probably will supply). While your credit card will work at many places, have plenty of pesos handy in small bills (20, 50, 100, and 200 pesos); many places will have difficulty changing larger bills for small purchases. There are banks with ATMs very near the recommended hotels above.

As a member of the planning committee, I may be able to provide additional helpful advice!

Sincerely, Craig

Craig Bunch

Assistant Librarian

McNay Art Museum Library

210-805-1727 (voice)

LAST CHANCE EXHIBITIONS
Coney Island: Visions of an American Dreamland, 1861-2008

May 11 | September 11, 2016

Shepard Fairey at the McNay

April 27 | September 11, 2016

FALL 2016 EXHIBITIONS
Telling Tales: Contemporary Narrative Photography

September 28, 2016 | January 15, 2017
ARTMATTERS 16: John Fraser

September 28, 2016 | January 8, 2017
Jim Dine: Salome Reimagined

August 31, 2016 | December 24, 2016

Orientalism: The Middle East Onstage

August 31, 2016 | December 24, 2016

Jennifer Steinkamp: Botanic 3

August 30, 2016 | January 8, 2017

Living and Collecting Mexico: Gifts from Susan Toomey Frost

October 12, 2016 | February 5, 2017

Parlour Games: Ruloff Kip’s Toy Theatre

July 5, 2016 | February 5, 2017

Leigh Anne Lester: A Variety of Forms Recovering from Transubstantiated Clarity

August 4, 2016 | July 30, 2017