Hello everyone, ARLIS/NA actively seeks collaborative relationships with other arts and information organizations to further the goals of art information professionals. We currently enjoy affiliation with sixteen key organizations and seek volunteers to serve as liaisons to the following affiliates:

·         American Library Association (ALA) Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL), Arts Section

·         American Library Association (ALA) MARC Advisory Committee (MARBI)

·         American Library Association (ALA) Subject Analysis Committee (SAC)

·         Association for Architecture School Librarians (AASL)

·         Museum Computer Network (MCN)

·         Society of American Archivists (SAA)

·         Special Libraries Association (SLA)

·         Visual Resources Association (VRA)

Liaisons provide an important service to our organization by updating members and the board of relevant news and initiatives emanating from these other organizations. In exchange for this volunteer work, liaisons receive conference registration at member rates. These are typically two year terms. Please see ARLIS/NA Policy Manual, policy numbers R-5 and R-6 for more details. If you are interested in serving as a liaison to one of these organizations, please contact me directly [log in to unmask]. If you believe you are already serving as a formal ARLIS/NA liaison to one of these groups, please get in touch with me so I can update our liaison roster.

Heather Gendron

ARLIS/NA President

Director, Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library

Yale University

T 203.432.2642