Please forgive duplication.

Dear ARLIS/NA colleagues,

The Getty Research Institute (GRI) has begun a research project to better understand how our core audience of art history scholars use and interact with social media.

To help us more fully understand how researchers (including graduate students, professors, independent researchers, curators, information professionals, etc.) in the visual arts and art history use social media and specifically use our most active social media channel, Facebook, we created a survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GettyResearchIL

We wanted to reach out to our art information professional colleagues with the survey. Please feel free to share it widely.

The survey takes approximately four minutes, and as a thank you for completing the survey, five participants will be randomly selected to receive a GRI publication. The survey will close on July 31st.

As there haven't been research studies into the use of social media by art history scholars precisely, we hope the results will be helpful to all arts research institutions in better understanding their audience and in developing a strategy to reach users with the resources they need to conduct research. At the conclusion of this study, we will be distributing a white paper outlining the findings of not only this survey, but will also include user interviews that we will conduct with different scholar groups.

If you have questions please do not hesitate to be in touch.

Kind regards,

Sarah Sherman

Reference Librarian

Getty Research Institute

1200 Getty Center Dr. Suite 1100

Los Angeles, CA 90049

www.getty.edu/research

Facebook YouTube Getty Research Institute Newsletter

Getty Iris online magazine Getty Tumblr