Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to let you know that I retired on July 1 from my position as Librarian of the Harvard Fine Arts Library after nearly 24 years.  I cannot imagine a career I would have found more enriching and I am filled with gratitude for the wealth of wisdom and friendship offered by ARLIS/NA colleagues from near and afar.

As I set out for new pleasures and challenges, I am delighted to let you know that Shalimar Fojas White has assumed the role of Acting Librarian for the Fine Arts Library.  Shalimar joined the staff last December as Collection Development Librarian and has quickly had a significant impact on the library’s collections and their stewardship.  Shalimar brings management and leadership experience from her previous role as Manager of Image Collections and Fieldwork Archives at Dumbarton Oaks Research Library and Collection and her years at Artstor.  She is very well positioned to lead the Fine Arts Library during this interim period.

I wish you all a peaceful and relaxing summer and I look forward to our paths crossing in the future.

With all best wishes,

Mary Clare Altenhofen