Hello everyone,

I wanted to highlight a thesis by Anthony Leslie on Judith Hoffberg. Anthony became interested in Judy’s life and work when he worked on helping to inventory the uncatalogued part of the collection of artists’ books that we had acquired or received as gifts from Judy. Working with myself and Johanna Drucker, Anthony and his classmates compiled a thorough inventory of the collection. As one of the components of the class, the students put together an exhibit in the Arts Library highlighting a wide array of artists’ books and ephemera from the Hoffberg collection. Anthony was instrumental in reinstalling/reinventing the exhibit in the Young Research Library. Subsequently, largely because of the inventory and exhibit, we were able to access special funding from the library administration to help with the cataloging of the uncatalogued material.

Judy was one of the co-founders of ARLIS/NA: https://www.arlisna.org/about/history

You can read a bit more about her here: http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-judithhoffberg28-2009jan28-story.html

If you have access to Proquest Dissertations and Theses you can read or download the thesis. You can also purchase a copy: http://dissexpress.umi.com/dxweb/results.html?QryTxt=&By=leslie&Title=hoffberg&pubnum=

Best regards,

Robert

Robert Gore
Visual Arts Librarian
UCLA Arts Library
|1400 Public Affairs Building | Box 951392 | Los Angeles, CA 90095-1392
Telephone: 310-206-5426 | Fax: 310-825-1303 | Email:

http://library.ucla.edu/arts | https://www.facebook.com/UCLA.Arts.Library