Oh boy, one of my favorites! Sadly I don't know of any one comprehensive treatment that would quite fit the bill, but Aalto's furnishing work certainly gets more than cursory treatment among the following, which may be of use if not already on your or your patron's list.

Hope there are other suggestions out there as well!

Cheers,

Karl