​Karen - In addition to Greg's resource, your student may find information is some unlikely sources, such as auction records.

Your question reminded me of the cover image we used for an issue of Visual Resources (Vol. XXV, No. 3, Summer 2009), which showed a measured drawing sent to prospective buyers by agents and dealers. This particular drawing of a pair of Cipollino marble columns and a pair of Brescia column is in the archive of William Randolph Hearst at Long Island University. The article "A Reappraisal of the William Randolph Hearst Archive at Long Island University: Information, Preservation, and Access" was written by Catherine Larkin.

Measured drawings also appear in restoration documents, which could be difficult to find, but carry a wealth of information.

Christine Sundt