Hi Effie,

I've asked a couple of librarians in Singapore, and below are their responses. If you have more questions, you could contact them (Hedren and Phoebe) directly.

Thank you,
Kanako

---
Kanako Iwase
Visual Resources Librarian
Department of Art and Art History
University of Hawaiʻi at Manoa
2535 McCarthy Mall, Honolulu, HI 96822
[log in to unmask] | 808-956-8781
Visual Resources Center (VRC) + Online Image Resources Guide

************************

The Singapore Trust Improvement (SIT) program was actually a program that contributed significantly to Singapore’s housing and infrastructure. Below are some resources on the SIT for Tiong Bahru.
Honestly, I did not managed to find some good image sources of floorpans for the Tiong Bahru housing estate in Singapore. However, a search using the term “tiong bahru singapore improvement trust” on Archive Online shows some results. They include photographs, maps and building plans. A search on google images using the search term “tiong bahru pre-war floor plans” also leads to some websites (mainly property sites) containing images.

Hope this helps!. :)

Thanks and best regards,
Hedren

Hedren SUM Wai Yuan (Mr) | Librarian (New Media Group) & Art Librarian (Design) | NTU Libraries Student Academic Services Department | Nanyang Technological University NS3-05, 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798 Tel: (65) 6592-3244 or (65) 6513-7619 GMT+8h | Fax: (65) 679-4637 | Email: [log in to unmask] | Web:www.ntu.edu.sg

NTU Library | Blogs@NTU | ADM Library Blog | Design Subject Room | Facebook

**************************

This is Phoebe, Hedren’s colleague.

I would like to add to what Hedren have found.

1.      All floor plans of public housing flats in Singapore are kept by the Housing Development Board (HDB). They are available for purchase online but the online form is catered for residents/contractors who want to apply for renovation works. It means that the student can write in the HDB and request access for research purposes. Not sure how warm the reception would be, but no harm trying. http://www.hdb.gov.sg/

2.      If the student isn’t looking for comprehensive floor plans of Tiong Bahru, he can try to manually harvest from a commercial property website called PropertyGuru. Sellers sometimes include the floor plan of the unit they are selling. I used map view and found some: http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/19971011/for-sale-82-tiong-poh-road and http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/19698312/for-sale-81-tiong-poh-road

Warmest Regards,

Phoebe LIM Choon Lan (Ms) | Head of Art, Design & Media Library | NTU Libraries |

Student and Academic Services Department

Nanyang Technological University | 81 Nanyang Drive, ART-01-03, Singapore 637458
Tel: (65) 6316 2909
GMT+8h | Fax: (65) 6791 4637 | Email: [log in to unmask] | Web: www.ntu.edu.sg/library

http://www.linkedin.com/in/phoebelim | http://blogs.ntu.edu.sg/lib-adml.