Dear Judy:

I am so sorry to hear of this “restructuring.”  What a terrible thing!  Did you have to leave immediately?  This coming on the heels of the news that the I.U. Library will be demolished, with the collection moving (intact? Or not) to the main library is so disheartening!  But it is surely much more than that for you.  I don’t understand how professional staff can be terminated so abruptly with no advance notice.  It is so disrespectful and rude.  Again, I am so sorry!!

Best of luck to you and your fellow staff members,

Joan

From: ARLIS/NA List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dick and Judy Donovan
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2016 2:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Closing of Barnes Foundation Art Library

Dear Colleagues,

On Wednesday May 25, my employer informed me that the entire Art Library staff was being "restructured", and both my Associate Librarian Laurie Porsia and I were laid off with no notice. There are plans to move the Archives to the library space on the Parkway, but given the swiftness with which we were "restructured", I can't provide more details.

I can be reached at my personal email:   [log in to unmask]

Judy Donovan

(former) Art Librarian

The Barnes Foundation