REMINDER! The 1st RISS Journal Club Meeting of 2016 starts at 1:00 pm (EST) this afternoon. All are welcome.  We will not be using audio for our meeting. We will be sticking to chat.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lane, Elizabeth
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2016 7:29 AM
To: Lane, Elizabeth
Subject: RISS Journal Club

Dear ARLIS,

The RISS Journal Club is back! Join us online for free as we discuss articles that relate to our profession. The articles may be specific to reference or take a broader approach to the information world. Meetings will be held using the chat function of GoToMeeting. Our first meeting is Tuesday, May 24th at 1:00 pm (EST).  Please see below for a link to the article and a link to the GoToMeeting.  I have also included a PDF of the article as a safety precaution.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 1:00 pm (EST)

"Radical Purpose: The Critical Reference Dialogue at a Progressive Urban College" by Kate Adler

http://ojs.gc.cuny.edu/index.php/urbanlibrary/article/view/1395

To join the meeting, click here: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/777919349

Please see below for a full listing of future RISS online events. Mark your calendars! We hope to see you there.

Twitter chat // #ARLISriss

Monday, June 27, 2016 at 2pm EST

Journal club

Wednesday, August 10 at 3:00 pm (EST)

"Personal Relations Between Librarians and Readers" by Samuel S. Green

http://polaris.gseis.ucla.edu/jrichardson/DIS245/personal.htm

To join the meeting, click here: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/774061733

Twitter chat // #ARLISriss

Monday, Oct 10, 2016 at 9pm EST

Journal club

Friday, January 20 at 4:00 pm (EST)

RISS' Choice: please submit articles of interest as you come across them. We will vote for the final journal club article selection in December.

To join the meeting, click here: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/534681573

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Lane

Associate Librarian for Public Services