Ulrich’s Web, if you subscribe, allows you to search under the subject “museums and galleries” or by keyword, and then filter according to various criteria (peer reviewed, language, eformat, abstracts-indexing available, reviews available). When reviews are available they are included with the listing.

Margaret D. Ericson|Scholarly Resources and Services -- Arts Librarian|Bixler Art and Music Library|Colby College Libraries|5662 Mayflower Hill|Waterville, Maine 04901|

(207) 859-5662

From: ARLIS/NA List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Anna Simon
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 12:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Annotated Bibliography of Museum Studies Journals?

Dear Colleagues,

The director of our Museum Studies program has queried me about finding an annotated bibliography of museum studies journals. She'd like to recommend good journals to her art history colleagues, who don't read museum lit.

Has anyone created such a bibliography they'd be willing to share? I'm able to decently compile an essential journal list, but don't have further insight into the publications.

For those interested, I found the Smithsonian's museum resources <http://museumstudies.si.edu/Header3.html>  helpful, as well as the American Alliance of Museums publications <http://aam-us.org/resources/publications> . Annotated lists these are not, however.

Happy to share what I find. Thank you!

Anna Simon

  <https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/CfmnJOt7O1mQvmP1GWgxYhx6pQCfZyUAsUrdVh0IYTbWvH2xMS1wxEqeYLNsdo8RbzNiv9OOB1ln4PoqN09zcXLE7umAUWbUMrzaVntRgITOWUWgkyw_TN5z2_w864Bfcw>

Anna Simon
Collection, Research & Instruction Librarian
Art, Film, and Museum Studies
Ars Hoya: GU Art Blog <https://blogs.commons.georgetown.edu/ajs299/>

Georgetown University
Lauinger Library
37th & O Sts. NW
Washington, DC 20057

Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>  For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/membership/join-arlisna Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>  ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.arlisna.org Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>