Call for Participants for a panel session proposal for the ARLIS/NA 2017 annual conference
Topic:  Engaging library users in collection development

We are looking for 2-3 additional speakers to join our session. The proposed 90 minute panel session will ideally feature a range of innovative projects in a variety of libraries that are actively involving library users in shaping the collections. So far, the participating speakers' topics are:

*         Collaborating with new museum curators to select library acquisitions related to their research interests

*         Working with faculty and students to identify materials in the open stacks that are at high risk of theft or mutilation

*         Involving faculty in determining how the monographs budget is spent by providing them with possible purchase lists and surveys to identify priority purchases

Do you have a collection development or collection management project that might fit? We'd love to hear from you! Send your proposal to me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> no later than Wednesday, May 25. Please include a brief description of your proposed presentation topic and your name, institution, and contact information.

Best,
Amy
Amy Trendler
University Libraries...A destination for research, learning, and friends
Architecture Librarian
Ball State University       765-285-5858
Muncie, IN 47306         [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

The University Libraries provide services that
support student pursuits for academic success
and faculty endeavors for knowledge creation
and classroom instruction.

http://www.bsu.edu/library