Dear Colleagues,

The director of our Museum Studies program has queried me about finding an annotated bibliography of museum studies journals. She'd like to recommend good journals to her art history colleagues, who don't read museum lit.

Has anyone created such a bibliography they'd be willing to share? I'm able to decently compile an essential journal list, but don't have further insight into the publications.

For those interested, I found the Smithsonian's museum resources helpful, as well as the American Alliance of Museums publications. Annotated lists these are not, however.

Happy to share what I find. Thank you!

Anna Simon

Library-logo-ES.png

Anna Simon
Collection, Research & Instruction Librarian
Art, Film, and Museum Studies
Ars Hoya: GU Art Blog

Georgetown University
Lauinger Library