Call for Participants
ARLIS/NA 2017 Panel on Comics and Graphic Novels

  • Have you worked with comics and/or graphic novels in your library?
  • Taught with them?
  • Created a special instruction session for students working with them or creating them?
  • Started a unique collection of them?
  • Have you been involved in working with local comic artists or authors for events at your institution?

We are looking for a few more participants for a panel session at ARLIS/NA 2017 to compliment our well-rounded line up of speakers who have worked with this medium in a unique way.

So far we have speakers presenting on...
  • collecting Latin American graphic novels,
  • creating a research and critical questioning workshop for sequential art students,
  • and creating a 2 credit hour course introducing information literacy through graphic novels.

Please let me know if you're interested in participating and what your topic would be by Monday, May 23rd. You'll be notified if your topic fits our session by Friday, May 27th. We'll submit the session proposal no later than Friday, June 3rd

Look forward to hearing from you!

--
Olivia Miller, MSLS
Public Services Librarian