Hello All,

The Public Policy Committee (PPC) is putting together a conference proposal for ARLIS/NA 2017 in New Orleans. We are currently in the process of writing the proposal and would like to invite possible participants. We are particularly interested in open access materials in art as they relate to communicating across cultural borders (see below for some ideas).

In keeping with the theme “Art du Monde” we are looking for Open Access research and projects that relate to:
-       Working with or supporting information access in other countries/communities
-       Research on open access in the arts
-       Projects promoting open access in the arts
-       Open access in developing nations
-       Research or projects around issues of information inequality and information privilege
-       How artists benefit from open access in the arts
-       Other ideas related to OA, the arts, and outreach

The conference themes we are attempting to address are:
-       Arts Outreach Across Cultures and Ethnicities
-       Diversity and Inclusivity in the Arts and in Arts Librarianship
-       International Collections and Collaborations

If you have worked with open access materials in the arts and would like to present on the topic, please contact Sara DeWaay ([log in to unmask]) off list with information about your work.

Thank you,
PPC