Call for Participants: ARLIS-N/A 2017 Panel,

Teaching with the Framework within Art & Architecture Librarianship

What Standards (for example, Information Competencies for Students in Design Disciplines, ACRL Visual Literacy Standards, and/or Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education) have you employed in your teaching?

How are you approaching the Framework in innovative, engaging ways within practice-based art, design, architecture, and planning disciplines?

How have you experimented with, implemented and/or mapped the Visual Literacy Standards to your institution’s goals for instruction?

If your case study crosses frames within the IL Framework, we encourage you to consider one of the frames and how you implemented its knowledge practices.

Please provide insight into how you structured the workshop or instruction session, your goals, the outcomes of the class, if and how you assessed the class and the frame(s) used, and whether you mapped the frame(s) to a component of the VL Standards. We are looking for an additional 2-3 speakers who will discuss how to implement a frame within typical one-shot visual literacy instruction. The session will conclude with an example of how the entire Framework may be integrated into a collaborative methodologies workshop.

Timeline

Submit your ideas to us by Monday, May 23

We’ll notify you of acceptance by Friday, May 27

Panel Proposal will be submitted **no later** than Friday, June 3

Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Shannon Robinson, Drexel University, ([log in to unmask])

Stephanie Beene, The University of New Mexico ([log in to unmask])

Shannon Marie Robinson