Art Full Text is misleading.  The database is not totally FT content.  Also, relevancy is dubious.  A search for Picasso and women brings up a lot of extraneous results.

Art Index Retrospective has hardly any full text.  For example a search for Picasso and women retrieves 373 results of which only 3 are FT.  The rest of the results display our Find in Library link.

Ruth Thomas, Boston University Libraries

From: ARLIS/NA List [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Maureen Dawley [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2016 11:37 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARLIS-L] Art Source

Hi Karen,

We updgraded and it was probably a good idea.  There is more interdisciplinary content and their seems to be more full-text.  I’m not sure I’d give it a flying colors award but I think it is an upgrade.  When I decided to get it, comparisons in the library literature were favorable.  I am suspicious that all of the Art Index Retrospective content is in the database however. Also, I think it could still be true that our discovery system is not compatible with databases through EBSCO at least on a total scale. Ebsco of course is a Proquest competitor. We pick up articles through our discovery system from some of our other aggregators that are also covered in ArtSource so it gives us a wider base so sometimes if not most times it’s not a critical issue.  This would be a question to ask..

Probably time for me to do a thorough investigation since I haven’t done so since we decided on Art Source. I hope this helps somewhat.

Mo

Mo Dawley

Senior Librarian
Art and Drama Librarian