Hello ARLIS/NA members and friends,

Spring has sprung and I thought this would be a perfect time to send
everyone a quick note. It was a pleasure seeing many of you in Seattle, for
the 2016 ARLIS/NA + VRA Joint Conference. For those who were not able to
make it or who missed a session or two, the New York Chapter is hosting a
presentation of ARLIS/NA and VRA conference papers with local members on
April 15th at the Fashion Institute of Technology. Please visit our events
page <http://www.arlisny.org/events> in the next week for more information.

Also, the ARLIS/NA 46th Annual Conference is officially coming to New York
in 2018. The planning committee is a stellar team: local arrangements
co-chairs Suz Massen (The Frick Collection) and myself, programming
co-chairs Lindsay King (Yale University) and Dan Lipcan (The Metropolitan
Museum of Art), and an army of our colleagues. We will be building the
conference around the theme *Out of Bounds*, a concept that is intended to
embody the city's vibrant challenge to the status quo. If you are
interested in volunteering for the conference, email [log in to unmask]

I want to keep you all abreast of the Chapter’s most recent news. In March,
The New York Chapter joined the Metropolitan New York Library Council
(METRO) as a corporate member. The Executive Board made this decision to
explore broadening our audience and to create learning opportunities
through art programming and resources. To kick off this new collaboration
we will be celebrating with a meet & greet at the British-inspired eatery
and modern gin joint The Winslow on April 25th.

Last but not least, I want to whet your appetite with our latest roster of
upcoming events:

Monday, March 28

6:00pm

*Tour of the Library and Archives of the American Folk Art Museum
<http://www.arlisny.org/events/tour-of-the-library-and-archives-of-the-american-folk-art-museum-1>*

Friday, April 15

2:00pm

*Presentation of 2016 ARLIS/NA and VRA conference papers at the Fashion
Institute of Technology*

Saturday, April 16

1:00pm

*LIS Career Day at Borough of Manhattan Community College, Richard Harris
Terrace <http://www.arlisny.org/events/lis-career-day>*

Monday, April 25

6:00pm

*ARLIS/NA New York Chapter and METRO Spring Celebration at The Winslow
<http://metro.org/events/738/>*

Tuesday, May 10

4:00pm

*Tour of Van Dyck: The Anatomy of Portraiture exhibition at The Frick
Collection*

Saturday, June 4

[Time To Be Determined]

*Tour of Cloisters Library and Archives*

Saturday, July 9

[Time To Be Determined]

*Tour of Brooklyn Botanic Garden Library*

You can refer to our website two weeks in advance of programs for more
details. Furthermore The Board welcomes members’ suggestions for future
happenings, but please remember that members must keep chapter membership
current in order to attend chapter events. You may check the status of your
membership on the ARLIS/NA New York website <http://arlisny.org/> or email

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Best regards,
Lori Salmon
Chair, ARLIS/NA New York Chapter
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/ARLIS-New-York-169396976443974/> |
Twitter @ARLIS_NY <https://twitter.com/arlis_ny> | Instagram @arlis_ny
<https://www.instagram.com/arlis_ny>
--
*Lori Salmon | **The New York Public Library*
*Librarian, Art & Architecture Collection*

Follow us on: Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/schwarzmanbuilding> |
Tumblr <http://artprintsphotographsnypl.tumblr.com/> | Twitter @NYPLArt
<https://twitter.com/nyplart> | Instagram @nyplart
<https://www.instagram.com/nyplart>

*Inspire Life Long Learning* | *Advance Knowledge* | *Strengthen our
Communities *