Now that you're back from the fantastic ARLISN/A-VRA Joint Conference in Seattle, perhaps you've started to plan out the next professional development opportunities. Let the Summer Educational Institute keep that energy and momentum going!

The Summer Educational Institute for Visual Resources and Image Management (June 7-10, 2016) will be at the beautiful University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

Founded over ten years ago, SEI is a joint project of the Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) and the Visual Resources Association Foundation (VRAF).

Here's what just one immersive week can do:

  • The opportunity to stay current in a rapidly changing field
  • Reconnect with colleagues, or connect with peers and potential collaborators
  • Are you a new, emerging, or young professional? Are you a student? SEI is JUST the place to get up-to-the-minute training in an intimate environment to prepare you for this wild, crazy, fun profession!
  • Brainstorm projects to take back to your institution, in a seminar environment
  • Whether in a museum, library, archives, or VR setting, participants find something at SEI to apply to projects - skills like project management, digitization lifecycle, metadata, rights management and more!

SEI recent graduate said: “I learned so much that I could bring back and actually use in
my job. I loved the depth, breadth and variety of topics and speakers.”

Another said: “The hands-on exercises gave an opportunity to get to know the other attendees and start thinking critically to apply the concepts.”

Register today before all the spots are filled!

Please feel free to contact the SEI co-chairs, Greta BahnemannJesse Henderson or get in touch with SEI on Facebook.

Stephanie Beene
Assistant Professor, Fine Arts Librarian for Art & Architecture
Fine Arts & Design Library, GPH 435
College of University Libraries & Learning Sciences
University of New Mexico MSC05 3020
Albuquerque, NM 87131
Ph. (505) 277-0679; or @LinkedIn
On Skpe @ stephanie.beene2