From: Emily Vigor <[log in to unmask]> <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 1:01 PM
Subject: [arr] Born-Digital Design Records Survey
To: SAA Architectural Records Roundtable Discussion List <

Hello all,

The ARR CAD/BIM Taskforce is pleased to announce that our survey exploring
the creation of born-digital design records is now open. Please share the
text and survey link below with archivists, records managers, or others who
work to preserve born-digital design records.

Cheers,

Aliza Leventhal

Emily Vigor

ARR Co-Chairs

The Society of American Archivists’ Architectural Records Roundtable
<http://www2.archivists.org/groups/architectural-records-roundtable> is
surveying repositories and organizations about their born-digital
architectural holdings to determine what file formats institutions have and
their current efforts to preserve them. The geographical focus will be on
US/North America and the UK respectively.

This survey will be a resource for archivists handling born-digital design
records to better understand the various types of software used to create
these records. The results of the survey will provide insight into the
software used, the file formats created, and the ways these records are
being preserved and made accessible to researchers. By participating in
this survey, you are agreeing to allow your responses to be included in the
shared results.

Survey results will be shared publicly both online and at the Society of
American Archivists annual conference in Atlanta, GA (August 2016). We hope
that responses received here will help provide insight into the steps
needed to ensure the preservation of these records. Thank you for your
participation.

Survey Link:
http://fluidsurveys.com/s/CADBIMTaskforceSurvey/

--