Dear Colleagues

We are looking forward to seeing many of you in Seattle--please plan on joining us for the meeting of the Materials SIG (http://sched.co/4Z5u)

We plan on using most of the meeting to introduce Material Order – a consortium for material collections.  We are excited to present the collaboration that has led to a shared materials collection cataloging and management tool and to launching the consortium. Led by members of the Harvard Graduate School of Design, Rhode Island School of Design, CollectionSpace, and LYRASISwe will follow this agenda:

  1. Introduction and Background on the History of the GSD/RISD Collaboration
    Mark Pompelia, RISD; Alix Reiskind and Johanna Kasubowski, GSD
  2. Partnership with CollectionSpace
    Ann Whiteside, GSD
  3. Development and Demo of Database
    Megan Forbes, CollectionSpace
  4. Draft Framework for Consortium
    Leigh Grinstead, LYRASIS
  5. Discussion on How to Participate

We welcome you to both attend and be part of the conversation.

Johanna Kasubowski, GSD
Mark Pompelia, RISD (Materials SIG Moderator)
Alix Reiskind, GSD
Ann Whiteside, GSD

--
MARK POMPELIA
Visual + Material Resource Librarian

401-709-5935
Art Libraries Society of North America
Treasurer, 2014-16
Materials Special Interest Group: material|resource