Hello,

I would like to gather some feedback from other museum libraries.  Our Museum is reviewing records retention practices as they relate to library acquisitions.  Specifically, we are focusing on the retention of cash disbursement information (our retained “packets” include a purchase order, either an invoice or prepay request information and finally, payment transaction information).

At your organization, the department of record is … [library, accounting, another department] for these cash, check, wire payments or any other means of payment?  Or, are responsibilities split?

Does the department retain any of the purchase order, invoice or prepay request or payment transaction information beyond a 7-year period?

Is this information retained in print, in electronic format, both?

How much information do you retain, particularly as it relates to the payment transaction component?  Do you retain copies of checks or just check stubs, for example?

If you would like to respond, please email me directly ([log in to unmask]) by end of day March 16th.

Thank you.

Julie Kabelac, Acquisitions & Serials Supervisor, Rakow Research Library, The Corning Museum of Glass

Submitted by

Kelly Bliss

Cataloger

The Rakow Research Library