Dear colleagues,

We are seeking a volunteer notetaker for the ARLIS/NA + VRA Joint Conference's Presidents' Session: Conference Capstone (Friday, March 11, 5:00pm - 6:30pm, Fifth Avenue Room, The Seattle Westin).

Session description:

ARLIS/NA's and VRA's third joint conference is an occasion to consider our professions, including our commonalities and differences, what lies beyond the horizon, and how we as organizations can most effectively meet the current and future needs of our members. The digital revolution has brought the work of our members closer than ever, as evidenced by our joint conference content. Join the conversation as we engage our speakers and attendees in discussion about the digital realm, core competencies, opportunities beyond our organizations, and collaborative possibilities that ARLIS/NA and VRA can explore as we rise to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow.

Session speakers:
  • Jen Green, Digital Scholarship Librarian at Dartmouth College Library, presenting as co-chair of the VRA Professional Status Task Force. Green will discuss the task force findings and provide an overview of the state of the field for Visual Resources professionals.
  • Tony White, Florence and Herbert Irving Associate Chief Librarian at the Watson Library, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, presenting as chair of the ARLIS/NA Strategic Planning committee. White will present the ARLIS/NA Strategic Directions and the new action scorecard mechanism for tracking ARLIS/NA's strategic activities.
  • George Coulbourne, Chief of Internship and Fellowships National and International Outreach, Office of Strategic Initiatives of the Library of Congress and a founder of the National Digital Stewardship Residency and Digital Preservation Outreach & Education, train-the-trainer programs. Coulbourne will address practical ways to develop skills to go where the fields are heading.
  • Louisa Kwasigroch, Director of Development and Outreach for the Council on Library and Information Resources, and is involved with several programs and projects at CLIR, including the Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, Digital Library Federation and the Digitizing Hidden Special Collections and Archives program. Kwasigroch will discuss CLIR postdocs and practical experiences offered by/through CLIR and DLF, as well as CLIR and DLF perspectives and visions for the future.
  • Max Marmor, President of the Samuel H. Kress Foundation. Marmor will outline where Kress sees trends in libraries and cultural heritage institutions heading.
The speakers will be followed by ample time for conversation among attendees.

Please contact [log in to unmask] off-list if you are able to volunteer.

Sincerely
Elaine Paul and Kristen Regina

VRA signature .................

Elaine Paul, Director
Visual Resources Center
Department of Art & Art History
University of Colorado Boulder
318 UCB | Boulder, CO 80309-0318
[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] | 303.492.6136
http://cuart.colorado.edu/resources/vrc

President,
Visual Resources Association

VRA

Kristen Regina
Arcadia Director of the Library and Archives

Philadelphia Museum of Art
PO Box 7646, Philadelphia, PA 19101-7646
www.philamuseum.org
---
President, ARLIS/NA