Dear colleagues,

I am delighted to announce that the Menil Collection Library is now a contributor to the prestigious Getty Research Portal.  In the words of the Getty Research Institute:

"The Getty Research Portal(tm) is an online search platform providing global access to digitized art history texts. Through this multilingual, multicultural union catalog, scholars can search and download complete digital copies of publications for the study of art, architecture, material culture, and related fields. The Portal is free to all users."

The Menil Collection joins a very elite list of contributing institutions:

Advising Contributors
Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Library at Columbia University
Frick Art Reference Library
Getty Research Institute
Heidelberg University Library
Institut National d'Histoire de l'Art
Contributors
Biblioteca de la Universidad de Málaga
Brooklyn Museum Libraries and Archives
Gallica - Bibliothèque nationale de France
Getty Publications Virtual Library
Kunsthistorisches Institut in Florenz
Library of the Philadelphia Museum of Art
National Gallery of Canada Library and Archives
New York Art Resources Consortium (including the Brooklyn Museum and the Museum of Modern Art)
Online Scholarly Catalogue Initiative
Smithsonian Libraries
Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute
Thomas J. Watson Library at the Metropolitan Museum of Art

Our first contributions are a complete scan of the 1875 edition of Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven illustrated by Edouard Manet and all of our gallery guides since 2010.  We will continue to contribute content to this important project as we capture it.

To see all the content we have contributed, visit the portal, http://portal.getty.edu/portal/landing and search for the Menil Collection or your favorite exhibition of ours from the last 5 years.  Thanks to Consuelo Gutierrez and Margaret McKee as well as Dan Lipcan and Ken Soehner at the Watson Library of the Metropolitan Museum of Art for helping make this possible.  This is something I have been working on for some time and I am thrilled to have us involved in this important scholarly initiative.

All best,

Eric

Eric M. Wolf
Head Librarian