After nearly 10 years at Maine College of Art, I will be retiring from my position as Library Director at the Joanne Waxman Library effective June 30th, 2016

I'm moving back to Canada (Vancouver, BC to be precise - for those of you who didn't know I was Canadian!) to pursue some new adventures and to, simply put, go home.  I came to the USA in 1999 to take the position as Head Librarian at Atlanta College of Art, then moved to Maine in 2006.  It's been a glorious 17 years, but it's time.

Further information about the posting for this position will follow as soon as the Dean recovers from the shock!

I'm sorry I won't be at the conference to say my farewells in person, but I do send all my best wishes and many, many thanks to my friends and colleagues across this country and beyond. Your support and friendship has indeed been invaluable!

Moira
Moira Steven, Library Director
Joanne Waxman Library @ Maine College of Art
522 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
207-775-5153 (general)/207-699-5090 (direct line)/207-775-5087 (fax)

Art is a kind of innate drive that seizes a human being and makes him its instrument. To perform this difficult office it is sometimes necessary for him to sacrifice happiness and everything that makes life worth living for the ordinary human being. —Carl G. Jung