Dear ARLIS-L,

A faculty member is interested in finding out how many women artists are in the permanent collection of the Louvre. As far as I can tell the Guerrilla Girls never did stats on the Louvre.

I did come across the 2012 National Museum of Women in the Arts exhibition, Royalists to Romantics: Women Artists from the Louvre, Versailles, and Other French National Collections, but we don't have that catalog (just ordered it). Making Their Mark doesn't mention anything about the Louvre, nor does Elles@CentrePompidou.

Any recommendations? Thank you very much!

Sara
Sara J. MacDonald, Public Services Librarian
The University of the Arts - University Libraries & Archives
320 S Broad St - Philadelphia PA 19102 - USA
http://library.uarts.edu/  http://library.uarts.edu/mobile