Dear Art Information Community,

On behalf of the Executive Board of ARLIS/NA, I am pleased to announce that in the next few days, you should receive an invitation to participate in a Census of Art Information Professionals. This project represents the first attempt by ARLIS/NA to survey the demographic makeup of the art information profession, and to gather data not collected by our annual membership forms.

The results of the survey will provide ARLIS/NA with a snapshot of the current characteristics of the art information profession, and will be made available in aggregate form on the ARLIS/NA website. This information will provide benchmarks that the organization can use for assessment, and it will prove enlightening in determining future strategic initiatives for the Society, such as recruitment and diversity initiatives. We also hope it will help current librarians articulate needs to their administrations.

The ARLIS/NA Executive Board strongly encourages and welcomes you to participate in this very important initiative

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Kristen Regina
President

Kristen Regina
Arcadia Director of the Library and Archives

t 215-684-7651

f 215-236-0534

Philadelphia Museum of Art
PO Box 7646, Philadelphia, PA 19101-7646

www.philamuseum.org

---

President, ARLIS/NA