Hello all,

My name is Kimberley Henze, and I'm a dual-degree MA student in Art History and Library Science at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.

I'm conducting my LS thesis research on threshold concepts in visual literacy. The survey linked below asks instructors of visual media/resources in various disciplines (librarians, professors, instructors/lecturers) to answer four sets of questions for four teaching scenarios. These cover the discovery (1), comprehension (2), evaluation (3), and creation/use (4) of images, graphs, and/or visual data. Findings will be shared with the community and will hopefully contribute to a new framework for visual literacy instruction.

Qualtrics survey available here: http://bit.ly/VLconcepts<http://bit.ly/VLconcepts><http://bit.ly/VLconcepts>

If you could spare a few minutes and complete the brief survey, I would be hugely appreciative. Your expertise and opinions are invaluable, and your responses will remain confidential. The survey does not collect any personal identifiable information. Please feel free to circulate and share the survey with any relevant parties.

I hope to get an initial batch of surveys in by February 12.

Thanks for your time and contributions,
Kim

Kimberley Henze
MA Art History/MSLS, 2017 | UNC-Chapel Hill
Learning from Artists' Archives<http://artiststudioarchives.org/> Fellow
Research+Design Graduate Assistant | RB House Undergraduate Library