The annual conference is a time to renew relationships as well as forge
new connections. For a new ARLIS member or a one attending his/her 1st or
2nd conference this opportunity can seem a bit daunting. Many of us
experienced similar feelings during our first conferences: “How can I get
more involved?” “I don’t know anyone in this room!” “When am I going to
find time to eat?’ “What’s with all the acronyms?”

The Conference Networking program is here to ease those new attendee
jitters and promote a collegial feeling at our conferences. We pair 1st or
2nd time attendees with more experienced conference goers who act as their
guides during the conference.

Veterans arrange to meet their newbie at the start of the conference, and
check in with their “newbies” throughout the conference, introducing them
to like-minded colleagues, and explaining how to get the most from the
experience.

This program is rewarding for veterans and newcomers alike and is a simple
way to volunteer. Participating in Conference Networking doesn’t take much
time and is limited to the duration of the conference.

*The deadline to sign up is Wednesday, February 17th, and both Guides and
Newbies can do so here*: http://goo.gl/forms/caA8nEpjtQ .

Applicants will be notified of potential pairing no later than Wednesday,
March 2nd.

Please contact Jessica Shaykett at [log in to unmask] with any
questions.

Thank you,

Jessica

On behalf of the Mentoring Subcommittee:

Jennifer Friedman (Chair)

Lynn Cunningham

Eumie Imm-Stroukoff
Shira Loev Eller