Dear Retired or About-to-be-Retired or Just-Thinking-about-It Members:

The newly-formed Retired Members Special Interest Group will meet this year
on Friday, March 11, 2016, from 7 am - 8 am in the Pine Room of the Westin
Hotel.  We are in need of volunteers: 1) to be the new SIG Co-Coordinator to
serve with Margaret Webster, and 2) a Recorder for the meeting.  Please
email Margaret or me asap if you are willing to serve in either capacity.

Please note that the room assigned has been changed from the St. Helen's
Room to the Pine Room.  Unfortunately, the time of the meeting has not
changed; it is still scheduled for 7 am!  And because of the room change, we
no longer have the option of continuing our discussion until 8:30 am;
another meeting is scheduled for 8 am in the Pine Room.  So we will start on
time and-please, before you come to our meeting, grab your coffee or
whatever-you-need to be bright-eyed by 7 am.  The hotel restaurant, Relish
Burger Bistro, is open at 6:30 am.  There are a number of other restaurants
on the list of "Restaurants within 6 Blocks of the Westin:
http://www.arlisna-vra.org/seattle2016/docs/Seattle_Guide_Restaurants_within
_6_Blocks.pdf but the list doesn't include hours, so I don't know which ones
would be open early enough to walk there, get your coffee-and-whatever and
get back to the Pine Room by 7 am.  For those of you that just love to get
up early and walk or jog-we'll see you at 7!!  Here's the meeting Agenda:

.         Welcome (Joan Benedetti and Margaret Webster)

.         Announcements

.         Introductions-each attendee (1.5 minutes ea.): name; last
professional position-or current if not yet retired; year of retirement-or
expected retirement; retirement issue of most concern.

.         Speaker: Eric Wolf, Chair, Documentation Comm, "What It Is and How
We Can Help." (5 min.)

.         Speaker: Jennifer Freidman, Chair, Mentoring Subcommittee,
Professional Development Committee, "New Kinds of Mentoring Opportunities."
(5 min.)

.         Discussion (Possible Topics)-20 minutes or remainder of meeting:

o   What Can ARLIS/NA Do For Us?

v  Annual Travel Award for a Retired Member?

v  Additional Fields in ARLIS/NA Website Membership Directory?

v  Other forms of encouragement?

o   What Can We Offer ARLIS/NA (Eric & Jennifer will give us some ideas)?

o   Ideas for the New Orleans conference?

o   Ideas for online discussions/programs in between conferences/What can we
offer retired members who can't attend the annual conference?

The meeting is open to all (those actually retired and those thinking about
it) and is intended to be an informal place to exchange ideas about being
retired art information professionals and perhaps make plans for activities
at the 2017 New Orleans conference and/or for online discussions between now
and then.

Bless You All-Looking forward to seeing you in 11 days, if not before!

Joan Benedetti ([log in to unmask]) and Margaret Webster

Co-Coordinators, Retired Members SIG