Dear colleagues--

My report from cataloging meetings that I attended at ALA Midwinter in
Boston, January 2016, has now been posted at:
http://artcataloging.net/ala/mw2016/summary.html

It includes notes from Technical Services Directors of Large Research
Libraries Interest Group ("Big Heads"), MARC Advisory Committee, Cataloging
Norms Interest Group, Subject Analysis Committee (SAC), SAC Subcommittee on
Genre/Form Implementation, discussion with Janis Young of LC about the art
genre/form project, SACO-at-Large, Heads of Cataloging Interest Group, and
OCLC Research Update.

I am pleased to let you know that Janis Young will be attending the joint
conference in Seattle and will give a report to the joint ARLIS/NA
Cataloging Section and Cataloging Problems Discussion Group meeting as well
as talking with CAC about the art genre-form project.

Do not hesitate to ask if you have questions about anything in the ALA
report. I look forward to seeing many of you in a bit more than a month.

Sherman Clarke
Alfred, NY