Art Librarians Tri-City Open House!

The ARLIS/NA Northwest Chapter is holding its first Tri-City Open House. This mixer is a simultaneous event happening in Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver on Thursday, February 11th to help introduce our communities to the organization and our chapter, and to promote the upcoming joint conference in Seattle, March 8-12, 2016.

All professionals and students in the area with an interest in art libraries and/or visual resources management are encouraged to join us. Each city's event is different and may include art activities, raffles, presentations, and/or tours. All events are free and refreshments will be served.

University of Oregon, Portland

Library & Learning Commons

70 NW Couch St

Portland, OR 97209

USA

5:00-7:00pm

Host: Bronwyn Dorhofer, Access Services & Outreach Librarian, University of Oregon, Portland

Dorothy Stimson Bullitt Library

Seattle Art Museum

1300 First Avenue

Seattle, WA 98101

USA

4:00-6:00pm

Hosts: Traci Timmons, Librarian, Seattle Art Museum and Alan Michelson, Head, Built Environments Library, University of Washington

Irving K. Barber Learning Centre

Music, Art and Architecture

University of British Columbia Library

1961 East Mall

Chilcotin Room, IKBLC 256

Vancouver, BC  V6T 1Z1

Canada

4:00-6:00pm

Host: D. Vanessa Kam, Head Librarian, Music, Art and Architecture, University of British Columbia Library

*This exciting, multi-city event is generously supported by ARLIS/NA through a special projects grant.*

If you’re near one of these cities, we hope you can join us!

Traci Timmons, M.A., M.L.I.S.

Librarian, Dorothy Stimson Bullitt Library and Outoging Chair, ARLIS/NA Northwest Chapter

Seattle Art Museum

1300 First Avenue

Seattle, WA 98101

Phone: 206-654-3220

Email: [log in to unmask]

Library website: http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/programs-and-learning/libraries-and-resources

The Bullitt Library is open to the public: Wednesday – Friday, 10AM-4PM

KEHINDE WILEY: A NEW REPUBLIC / Seattle Art Museum / Feb 11 – May 8, 2016
PARADOX OF PLACE: CONTEMPORARY KOREAN ART / Asian Art Museum / Oct 31, 2015 – Mar 13, 2016
Get tickets at visitsam.org/tickets