Greetings colleague,

In the Progetti/Projects section of the Nov./Dec. 2015 Domus (no. 996) please find a nice article on the Diller, Scofidio + Renfro designed McMurtry Art & Art History Building at Stanford, which includes the Bowes Art & Architecture Library (p.49-61). Eight years in planning and construction, the building is, even if I do say so, magnificent.  It is really three buildings in one, with opposing three story art practice and art study strands wrapping around a lovely, glass exterior walled second floor library. It is a complex structure which reveals itself only with time and examination. We hope to host an ARLIS/NC meeting in the near future.

You can hear Charles Renfro describe the building in a video available via YouTube. Quite interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Ry2j_Y9BY

Enjoy!

Peter

{and thanks to Katie Keller for spotting this Domus in our plexi vertical display wall of new periodicals}

====================
Our new address is:
Peter P. Blank
Senior Librarian

Ute & Bill Bowes Art & Architecture Library

355 Roth Way
Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305 - 2018

artlibrary.stanford.edu