Posted on behalf of
Steve Duckworth
Processing Archivist, University of Florida

Archival repositories are, more and more, finding themselves in the position of processing and housing hybrid collections of standard archival documents and what would generally be referred to as artifacts or museum-style objects. While archivists have become quite adept at tracking statistics for processing paper-based collections, few metrics appear to exist, at least in professional literature, to aid in planning for processing of these hybrid collections.

Our group of archivists and museum professionals are interested in closing this gap in metrics for the information science community as a whole. If you or your institution currently keep metrics on such holdings, and would be willing to participate in a future survey regarding your collecting and processing habits, please email me, off list, at [log in to unmask]. I would appreciate hearing from you by February 29, 2016.

Please feel free to forward this message on to other interested parties. Thank you.

Steve Duckworth | Processing Archivist
Department of Special & Area Studies Collections
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
200A Smathers Library
352.273.2655