Dear ARLISians,

I wanted to share a fun project undertaken by one of the Bullitt Library interns:

This past summer, we were asked by a patron to help him locate a particular book where the Seattle Art Museum was featured. We are, of course, a library, so we should have a good handle on all the books that feature SAM. Well, we didn't, and, frankly, I had no idea what this book was.

Like most of us, I saw this kind of request as a sort of challenge. So did one of my interns who graciously offered to not only find the answer, but create a comprehensive list.  Jenatha Bruchon, a recent graduate of the UNC Greensboro MLIS program, took the ball and ran. See her great blog post on the subject: http://samblog.seattleartmuseum.org/2015/12/the-seattle-art-museum-in-fiction/. A direct link to the list of books is here: http://seattleartmuseum.org/Documents/Bib_SAM_Fiction.pdf.

The blog post went live yesterday and we've already had two emails from people that want to use the list for their book group. Finally, a work-related excuse to read some novels!

Best,
Traci

Traci Timmons, M.A., M.L.I.S.
Librarian, Dorothy Stimson Bullitt Library
Seattle Art Museum
1300 First Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101
Phone: 206-654-3220
Library website: http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/programs-and-learning/libraries-and-resources

The Bullitt Library is open to the public: Wednesday - Friday, 10AM-4PM

INTIMATE IMPRESSIONISM / Seattle Art Museum / Oct 1 - Jan 10
SAMUEL F. B. MORSE'S "GALLERY OF THE LOUVRE" / Seattle Art Museum / Sep 16 - Jan 10
PARADOX OF PLACE / Asian Art Museum / Oct 31 - Mar 13
Get tickets at visitsam.org/tickets<http://visitsam.org/tickets>