As the co-chairs of the ARLIS/NA + VRA 3rd Joint Conference in Seattle, we look forward to welcoming you here in March 2016.

Our committee based in the Pacific Northwest has worked hard to offer you an outstanding experience, both at the Westin and around the Puget Sound. We have organized a variety of tours that will let you engage with Seattle and its region, making natural connections among art, architecture, urban life, and the green landscape.

The local team has also developed an ever-growing set of online resources about Seattle, designed to help you confidently explore on your own or with friends. Don’t miss the About Seattle section of the conference website as you plan your visit.

In the coming weeks, you’ll be hearing much more about Seattle from our joint conference publicity team. Topics will include help on using our public transportation system to reach the airport, enjoying local favorites like fresh seafood and craft beer, suggestions for day trips in the region, and how to dress for success in a downpour.

But, first things first: REGISTER!  It’s already December 3rd!  What are you waiting for?

Don’t just take our word for it; Perry Como thought you should come to Seattle, too:  https://youtu.be/OcMD3LWUwD8

Alan Michelson, Joint Conference Co-Chair, ARLIS/NA

Josh Polansky, Joint Conference Co-Chair, VRA