On behalf of the ARLIS/NA and VRA Executive Boards, we are delighted to announce that registration is open for the 3rd Joint ARLIS/NA + VRA Conference (March 8-12, 2016, Seattle, WA).

Join us as we mark the 44th Annual Conference of ARLIS/NA and the 34th Annual Conference of VRA by exploring the affinities among art and visual information professionals through our conference theme, Natural Connections.

Meet and reconnect with colleagues from around the world, engage in discussion about key professional developments and enjoy the extraordinary natural and planned environments of Seattle, the Emerald City.

We are also pleased to welcome attendees of two affiliated events in Seattle: THATCamp digital humanities unconference (March 8) and the Association of Architecture School Librarians (AASL) annual meeting (March 11-13).  As well as inviting these colleagues to the joint conference, we encourage ARLIS/NA + VRA members to consider extending their visits to include these meetings.

With the many Natural Connections created by this dynamic gathering of like-minded colleagues, thought provoking sessions, practical workshops, beautiful exhibits, festive social gatherings, and diverse cultural offerings, the stimulating Seattle conference will help us navigate the waters of our professional past and present, and guide our ascent as we rise together to meet the challenges of the future.

We look forward to seeing you in Seattle!

Elaine Paul                  Kristen Regina
President, VRA           President, ARLIS/NA