Dear collective wisdom:

One of my faculty trying to identify the citation for this article for
which we have the first page (see attached jpg).

Hardin, Robert.  The Indian Today... begins on page 89.

Here is what we know (or think).

The article probably dates between 1965-1970.

Ray Manley took the photo.  He is very well known.  According to the
person asking about this, the photograph was staged.  Manley paid the
Navajo family to pretend to get water.

We both think that "The United States" (upper right corner) denotes a
section of a magazine that otherwise addresses broader- perhaps world-
issues.

Cannot really identify Robert Hardin (the author).

We think this comes from a popular periodical, so both of us have been
searching through resources which cover popular magazines.  I thought it
might be a US Doc periodical, so have also tried that route.

We are trying to identify the Manley photo separately searching on the
web and in books (but we only have 2 books on Manley).

Any thoughts/ideas would be much appreciated.

Please respond to me directly.

Thanks.
Susan Davi
University of Delaware Library