Malcolm's query intrigued me, as I've had a long interest in uncovering material on obscure American women artists.
   I actually found quite a lot available by searching on line, including substantial documentation on the artist from the Illinois Women Artists Project, at the following link:
http://iwa.bradley.edu/artists/FlorenceWilliams

I found that she also illustrated The Little Red Hen, Hans Brinker and Black Beauty, all classics of children's literature, and numerous others.  A search through World.Cat should yield many of these titles.
Raymond SmithR.W. Smith BooksellerNew Haven

We're having a hard time digging up information on a late-19th-early-20th-century artist and illustrator named Florence White Williams. There's a Who Was Who entry on her and one in Benezit, but they're both pretty cursory. There also seems to be a good deal of vagueness about her birthdate, though it's agreed  she died in 1953. Can any of you suggest a connection that would lead me to more information about her? We're planning to show one of her works that's in our permanent collection, and we don't like how little we know.

Thanks,

Malcolm McBryde
--
Librarian

The Mary & Edwin Meader Fine Arts Library
Kalamazoo Institute of Arts