Colleagues,
A reminder about the joint ARLIS/NA ACRL/Arts webinar Friday November 6 at 2pm EST.
Details listed below. We hope you will join us and bring your questions and ideas about using the Framework for an informative Q&A.
Cheers, Teresa (Chair, Professional Development Committee, Education)

P.S. A recording of this webinar will be available (at a later date) in the Learning Portal.

Teresa M. Burk
Head Librarian, ACA Library
Savannah College of Art and Design®
1600 Peachtree Street N.W.
Atlanta, GA 30309

T: 404.253.3278

[log in to unmask] www.scad.edu
SCAD: The University for Creative Careers®
Atlanta | Hong Kong | Lacoste | Savannah | eLearning

Using the ACRL Framework to Incorporate Visual and Digital Literacies into Instruction

Join us for a webinar on Nov 06, 2015 at 1:00 PM CST.

Register now!

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6306580264294723585

Librarianship affords us the opportunity to create flexible and inclusive information literacy instruction that is informed by the ACRL Visual Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education and the Framework for Information Literacy. These two presentations highlight strategies using the ACRL Standards and Framework to introduce students to diverse systems of thought and artistic production and allow students to gain transferable skills that can be applied in other disciplines and professional experiences.

Guest presenters:

Nicole Beatty: Arts and Humanities Librarian, Weber State University
“Standards and Frames: Teaching with Mami Wata”

Amber Welch: Art Librarian & Instructional Technology Consultant, Mount Holyoke College
“Engaging Students in new Modes of Research: Wordpress for Digital Art History Projects”

Moderator:
Alexander Watkins: Art & Architecture Librarian, University of Colorado Boulder

Only current ARLIS/NA and ACRL Arts members may attend this live event. Registration will close November 5, 2015, one day before the webinar. For assistance, please contact [log in to unmask].

This webinar will be recorded, and the video will be made available on the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal within two weeks after the webinar.

By registering, I understand and acknowledge that this Webinar will be recorded and grant permission to ARLIS/NA to record my name and questions I ask during the course of the Webinar presentation. As a condition of my participation in the Webinar, I agree to irrevocably grant to ARLIS/NA, its assigns, licensees and successors the right to publish, record, broadcast, exhibit, display, reproduce, edit or otherwise use perpetually throughout the world, in all media now and hereafter known or devised, in whole or in part, my name, questions, quotes and material otherwise provided by me (collectively, the “Material”) during my participation in the Webinar.

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

View System Requirements