Hi Sylvia:

It all sounds wonderful—and I have been looking at the preliminary program online and creating my “personal schedule,” which is great.  However, until I know what tours will be available and when, I can’t book my flight or make my final plans to visit my daughter who lives just outside of Seattle.  When will the tours be added to the schedule?

Joan

From: ARLIS/NA List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sylvia Roberts
Sent: Wednesday, November 4, 2015 10:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Seattle 2016 : ARLIS/NA + VRA 3rd Joint Conference, March 8-12

The ARLIS/NA + VRA 2016 Joint Conference is just 18 weeks away.

Just think, as the rest of country struggles through the dregs of winter, you can legitimately visit Seattle, City of Flowers, just as the cherry blossoms peak.  Enjoy breathtaking views of Puget Sound, the Cascade mountain range, Mt. Rainier, and the Seattle cityscape - all from your conference hotel room at the Westin Seattle.

In addition to inspirational speakers, information-packed sessions and terrific opportunities for making “Natural Connections” with colleagues and friends, old and new, the conference schedule allows you a free weekend at either end.  Come early, stay late and check out what Seattle <http://www.arlisna-vra.org/seattle2016/about.php>  has to offer:  stunning natural landscapes, unique architecture (from terra cotta decoration to the 1962 Space Needle), fabulous food & drink and a huge variety of cultural activities. Within an hour's drive or ferry ride, you may find yourself at Bainbridge Island, on a trail, whale-spotting, or high above the city in the dome of the Space Needle. Pick your adventure, Seattle has it!

For the next 4 months, the Joint Conference publicity team will share highlights of the Joint Conference and Seattle, tips for traveling to and around the city, and insider tips only the locals know.  Stay in touch with developments via the  <http://www.arlisna-vra.org/seattle2016/> Joint Conference web site and blog, ARLIS/NA & VRA listservs, Facebook and Twitter feeds, and ARLIS/NA's Pinterest & Instagram.

Registration opens December 1.   Seattle in 2016 :  Don’t miss it!

With excitement from your Joint Conference publicity chairs,

Stephanie Beene (VRA) and Sylvia Roberts (ARLIS/NA)