I haven't seen this news circulated, so I thought I would share -

Ashgate has been purchased by Informa (Taylor & Francis):
https://www.ashgate.com/default.aspx?page=5616

I have found out from an employee that in essence, Ashgate is being
"absorbed and dissolved." The Vermont office is closing next Wednesday
(Nov. 25 - "Happy Thanksgiving!") and the UK office will follow suit a
little later. Not only a blow to academic publishing, but about 200 people
are losing their job. If you have any contacts at Ashgate, you might want
to touch base with them soon.

Sadly, what is probably an exercise in futility (my pessimism comes out),
there is a change.org petition, if anyone would like to let their thoughts
be known:
https://www.change.org/p/save-ashgate-publishing?recruiter=431336458&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

In these days of ever-growing mergers, it is disappointing to see Ashgate
among the fallen.

Doug

--
Douglas Litts
Executive Director

Making Place: The Architecture of David Adjaye
<http://click.email.artic.edu/?qs=aafbd929326397c861d2bb586ca9e83e168d9e4ffb5eec83c4c0361907f2b42a805673a3df5cae7a>
Through January 3