Hello ARLIS Members,

In the coming weeks, the Local Planning Team for the 2016 Seattle Joint ARLIS/NA + VRA Conference will begin sending out informational emails about the city, its cultural resources, accommodations and eateries. Our conference theme is "Natural Connections," suggesting not only our long-held affiliation with the Visual Resources Association, but also the close relationship Seattleites have with our majestic natural setting.

We hope that you will make plans to be here between March 8-12, 2016. The Westin in Seattle will serve as the conference hotel, and will provide ample and easy access to session rooms and the exhibition hall. This capacious facility has two towers with 891 rooms and is located in Downtown Seattle, close by to the Pike Place Market, major shopping districts, and prime cultural destinations. The hotel includes a swimming pool and fitness room, state-of-the-art business center, a FedEx/Kinkos on site and a restaurant and bar. Additionally, I am delighted to report that the Westin management has assured us that flush toilets will have been installed in at least 25% of its guest rooms by March 1st of next year.

Our conference web site, at http://www.arlisna-vra.org/seattle2016/, is already operational, and we expect to have our registration page available by December 1, 2015, or thereabouts. As I indicated, please look for future announcements about the Third Joint ARLIS/NA + VRA Joint Conference in Seattle. We look forward to seeing you here!

Best regards,

Alan Michelson

2016 Seattle Joint Conference Co-Chair

Sent via

Traci Timmons, M.A., M.L.I.S.

Librarian, Dorothy Stimson Bullitt Library

Seattle Art Museum

1300 First Avenue

Seattle, WA 98101

Phone: 206-654-3220

Email: [log in to unmask]

Library website: http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/programs-and-learning/libraries-and-resources

The Bullitt Library is open to the public: Wednesday – Friday, 10AM-4PM

INTIMATE IMPRESSIONISM / Seattle Art Museum / Oct 1 – Jan 10
CHIHO AOSHIMA: REBIRTH OF THE WORLD / Asian Art Museum / May 2 – Oct 4
Get tickets at visitsam.org/tickets