Alas, as a result of a renovation project and the need for more space, the Santa Barbara Museum of Art will be closing the Constance & George Fearing Library on October 15, 2015.  The library catalog (www.CentralCoastMuseums.org) will remain online for a year (at least), but the books  will be put in storage and not available for the foreseeable future.  It has not yet been determined how the materials will be managed or  housed after the renovation.  As a result of this closure, I will be retiring as of December 31, 2015 after 12 years here.   Sorry news, but it was great while it lasted!

I am so very grateful for the help given by the generous and knowledgeable colleagues who responded to my requests over the years.  (I’m still here for 3 months, so, who knows?, you might be hearing from me again as I help staff & docents prepare for this transition!

Heather Brodhead

Librarian

Constance & George Fearing Library

Santa Barbara Museum of Art