Hello All,

We are currently going through a period of clean up and we must decide if we need so many copies of past traveling exhibition catalogues. We currently have all of the our past traveling exhibitions (organized by other institutions) in our Library collection, then we have a few copies in our Publication Archive, and more located offsite. Our Publication Archive is getting quite full as you could imagine and we were thinking of weeding out the catalogues that were not actually published by our institution. We would keep 2 copies offsite as back up and make sure we have a copy cataloged in the collection.

I’m reaching out to see what other institutions are doing in cases like these and what their retention policy would be with traveling exhibitions.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Cairie Riney

Library Services Coordinator | Curatorial Department

The San Diego Museum of Art 1450 El Prado, Balboa Park
Mailing Address:
PO Box 122107, San Diego, CA 92112-2107

T 619.696.1959

Website  :  Facebook  :  Twitter